Going on adventures with your cute and cuddly puppy is an exciting way to bond with them. Whether you’re going to the beach or the doggy park, there’s always an opportunity to get closer with your four-legged friend. When planning out your day trip, it’s important to pack of a list of puppy essentials in […]
Going on adventures with your cute and cuddly puppy is an exciting way to bond with them. Whether you’re going to the beach or the doggy park, there’s always an opportunity to get closer with your four-legged friend.
When planning out your day trip, it’s important to pack of a list of puppy essentials in your doggy purse. The items you bring will vary depending on the location but here are a few main items you should take with you in your doggy bag.
1.Water bottles. Puppy dehydration is a real concern, especially if you’re going to the beach or anywhere with direct sunlight. You can avoid this problem by bringing some extra water bottles with you. When you notice your puppy’s low energy or panting, offer them some cool, fresh water. Buy a PETKIT Portable Dog Water Bottle if your furry friend is more comfortable drinking out of a bowl. Remember to bring a few bottles as you may end up thirsty yourself.
2. Food and Treats. If you’re leaving your house for most of the day, you will definitely need to bring some yummy food and treats for your furbaby! We recommend bringing dry dog food, which is less likely to spoil after a long day. If you bring wet dog food, you will need to take a cooler to keep it from going bad. Bring your puppy’s favorite treats to give it to them throughout the day.
3. Toys. Although your puppy will likely be exploring their surroundings, it’s still a good idea to bring some chewable doggy toys with you. These toys can add a little bit of extra fun when you’re playing fetch at the doggy park or the beach. We don’t recommend bringing your pup’s favorite toy, however, so that it doesn’t get lost. Instead, you can bring tennis balls, plush toys, and other items that you know your furry friend will play with!
4. Extra leashes and collars. When going out with your pup, bring an extra collar and leash. This allows you to replace their collar and leash if they break or if they become wet. If you’re still leash training your puppy, a retractable leash comes in handy. Your puppy won’t be able to run off or lunge forward.
5. ID tags. If you haven’t done so already, make sure your puppy has an ID tag and microchip. We recommend having a second ID tag made for your puppy before you plan out any trip outside with your puppy. Be sure that the information on both forms of identification have your up-to-date contact information.
6. Sunscreen for puppies. Puppies can suffer from sunburns and other harmful effects from direct sunlight exposure just like people. To protect your beautiful puppy from getting a painful sunburn or long-term health condition (skin cancer, for example), purchase some dog-friendly sunscreen so that you can apply it on their skin.
7. First aid kit. When it comes to our puppies, we believe it’s much better to be safe than sorry! Always pack a first aid kit in your doggy purse before you even think of walking out the door. Your puppy’s first aid kit should include:
If you would like to take medicines like Benadryl for allergic reactions, check with your vet for the right dosage amount for your puppy.
8. Poop bags. At some point in your trip, your puppy will need to go potty. Don’t be that person—kindly clean up after your puppy by using poop bags. There are many types of poop bags available in-store that ensure no messes are ever made.
9. Towels. It doesn’t matter where you’re going—there’s always a chance your four-legged buddy will get a little dirty. A towel gives you a way to clean your puppy from any mess, so don’t forget to include it in your doggy bag. If you don’t have room for a large towel, we recommend packing either a small towel or washcloth.
Being prepared lets you have lots of fun with your puppy without being worried. Spending time with your puppy helps you build a stronger friendship with them, giving you a loyal furry companion for life. We hope you and your cute puppy enjoy your adventures together!
Check out our blog, 10 Summer Must-Haves For Your Puppy for more essential items you and your puppy will need this summer!