Summer is finally here which means lots of pool parties, barbecues, and adventures with your four-legged best friend! Although you and your puppy may enjoy the warm weather and sunshine, there are a few items you will need to keep your furry cutie protected. We’ve put together 10 summer must-have products that you should get […]
Summer is finally here which means lots of pool parties, barbecues, and adventures with your four-legged best friend! Although you and your puppy may enjoy the warm weather and sunshine, there are a few items you will need to keep your furry cutie protected.
We’ve put together 10 summer must-have products that you should get to keep your puppy hydrated and comfortable while you both enjoy your summer adventures together. Let’s take a look at each summer product:
1.Cool Dog Bowls. Frosty cool water is essential to helping your pup keep cool while outside. For puppies that lounge outside throughout most of the day, consider purchasing a cool doggy bowl. These bowls keep the water constantly chill so you won’t have to refill them every time. It works through their non-toxic gel structure on the inside of the bowl. By just placing it in the freezer, the bowl will stay icy and fresh for at least 8 hours after you take it out.
2. Puppy Sunscreen. Like people, even puppies need protection from the harsh rays of the sun. For all dogs, especially light-skinned pups with little or short fur, sunscreen is a huge necessity. You can either apply sunscreen sprays or balm on your puppy’s fur and skin for the ultimate sun protection!
3. Cooling Pet Pad or Mats. Cooling pet pads or mats often require no refrigeration or water to work its magic. It contains padded gel that allows your four-legged to keep cool and fresh while laying down on a hot summer day. Remember to store it in a safe place and let your puppy chill on it for at least 3-4 hours.
4. Puppy Life Vest. If you’re planning to take your pooch for a quick swim at the pool or beach, a puppy life vest is a great item to have! Puppy life vests keep your puppy’s head and body afloat while they swim around. Make sure the straps on the vest are secured comfortably on your fur-baby’s body.
5. Mosquito Repellent for Puppies. Summer heat often brings in mosquitoes and other pesky bugs. Mosquitoes are especially opportunistic creatures and will not stop until they take a bite out of your furry friend. It’s important to protect your fur-baby from these pests because they can cause a variety of diseases, including heartworm disease. You can prevent your puppy from mosquito bites by buying a mosquito repellent that is chemical-free and effective.
6. Pool Toy. We all know pool time isn’t complete with some floaties and pool toys but what about dogs? Entertain your cute and cuddly puppy with giant pool toy for dogs! These toys usually have a hard material that prevents your pup’s nails from puncturing it, and keeps your puppy cool while afloat.
7. Pet Water Bottle. If you’re hiking or going on a log adventures with your furry companion, forget bringing a water bowl. Instead, take a water bottle made especially for your puppy. You can easily keep these bottles in a bag or backpack and with some pet bottles, you can even use it as an impromptu water bowl.
8. Puppy Towel. Your puppy will likely be dirty, wet, and soggy after a quick swim. As such, keeping a towel for you and your pup to dry off all the muck and wetness is highly useful. Once you clean up your puppy’s fur, you can neatly fold up the towel and store it in your backpack for later use!
9. Doggy Tent. With a doggy tent, your beautiful puppy can be the official summer king or queen while camping! Dog tents are similar to a regular camping tents except these items keep your puppy cool and has enough room for napping, food, and water. Your puppy will be able to enjoy the joys of camping with their doggy tent!
10. Waterproof Collar. A wet dog collar can get really sticky after your puppy has swum in water or spent time in the summer heat. Luckily, there are special waterproof collars that keep the stinkiness off, even after your puppy has rolled around in some muck. These collars also come in different colors and designs that keep your pup in style!
The summer season should be full of fun and adventures with your puppy. Protecting your fur-baby from the warm weather helps ensure their safety while the two of you have fun. Want to know some ways you can keep your puppy cool this summer? Read our blog, Keep Your Puppy Cool This Summer! for some helpful tips.